Monday, April 22, 2024

DailyKenn.com — 

Summary...

In August 2023, an incident occurred while I was walking. A young woman threatened me. I reported the incident to the police and got a body cam for future safety.

On August 28th, equipped with both a body cam and my cell phone camera, I encountered the same woman. She threw a block of wood at me. Due to a past head injury, I knew this could have been life-threatening.

I called the police and was taken to the hospital due to my injuries and elevated heart rate. The police arrested her based on my video evidence and her apparent admission to stealing my hat.

Shortly after a police intervention, I was told her neighbors weren't surprised by her behavior, as she apparently had a reputation for causing problems in the neighborhood. 

The incident underscores the importance of using recording devices such as body cams, dash cams, and home security cameras.

  Transcript...

What you saw in the video occurred in August 2023. The timestamp was a little bit off, but the date was correct. I want you to know that I'm not evaluating anybody; I'm just kind of speculating on what could have happened or what could happen in a similar circumstance.

To give you a backstory before we dig into some of the characteristics, when we ask ourselves what happens when a narcissist or a psychopath becomes violent and how should we respond: the backstory is, I like to walk about three miles every day. I either walk or jog as a way to stay in shape, and I enjoy doing it—it clears out my mind. I used to go out in the state park and walk for three miles, but it occurred to me after my heart stopped while I was out walking, fortunately somebody found me, that there's a danger there.

What's more, it took me a half hour to drive to the park, a half hour to drive back, so in that space of time, an hour, I could have walked three miles in my neighborhood, not to mention save gas. So, a few years ago, I started walking in my neighborhood, never had a problem. In summertime, I would walk at night because it's cooler. It's fairly common for people to pull up beside me and talk to me, and sometimes even compliment me on my lights. Because at nighttime, when it's hot in the summer and cool in the evening and there are fewer bugs—or at least you can't see them if they're there—I wear bicycle lights. I've got a light that I wear on my hat so I can see where I'm going, and I've got flashing lights on my back so people can see me. The objective is I can see and I can be seen. I've even had a police officer one time pull up beside me and compliment me on my lights.

But, this one evening, this is before the video was taken, there was a car that pulled up behind me and stopped. That's unusual. So, I stood at the side of the road to make sure they had room to get by. Instead of driving by, the driver drove up alongside of me. It was a young woman, and she said, "I'm going to run you over," or "I'm going to run you down," something like that. Then she pulled into a driveway at a house. When she got out of the car, I asked her what she said, and she repeated, "I'm going to run you over," or "run you down," whatever she said. So, one more time, she got out of her car, stomped up on the front porch, and I asked her what she said. She said something about not liking my hat and the lights, and then she said, "I said I'm going to run you over," or "run you down," whatever she said. So, I just went on my way.

A few minutes later, I happened to encounter a patrol car, actually it was a pickup truck, but a police officer, a county police officer. I flagged him down and told him what happened. I gave him my email address, gave me his business card, text number, and asked me to send him the details, which I did. In addition to that, I sent a note to the Sheriff's office via the internet, so they were notified three times. I was thinking there would be some intervention. To my knowledge, that intervention never happened, or if it did, nobody told me about it. It occurred to me then that I should have had that recorded. So, I got me a body cam. I bought one on Amazon. If I remember, I'll put a link in the description of the body cams that I have. If I encounter this young woman or anybody in the future, I'll have it recorded.

So, August 28th came along, a couple of days later, and I was walking the same place, late at night, with my lights flashing. But this time, I had not only a body cam but also my cell phone camera on. I had two video cameras going at once just to be safe. That's when the incident happened. I made my way home, called my wife, called the police, and within literally a minute—almost literally a minute—we had a first responder knocking on the front door. That's because the guy lived a few doors down, so he heard it on the radio or however they communicate. I don't know if he has a police radio or they call people; I don't know. But he heard about it, responded almost immediately. Somebody I know, and it wasn't long before we had several police officers, and the ambulance was there.

I said, "Look, I'll have my wife drive me to the hospital." They said, "No, you need to ride in an ambulance because your heart rate is way up." I've had heart issues in the past. I have a... what do you call those things? A heart pump or something put in. My blood pressure was way up, and you know this woman chunked a piece of wood at my head. She threw a piece of wood at my head, and I had a black eye. It was swollen; it wasn't black at that moment, but a couple of days later, it turned into a black eye. So, I had this big knot on my head. That's important because a few years earlier, I'd fallen off a ladder, and that resulted in a subdural hematoma or a bleeding of the brain. That time they threw me on a helicopter and flew me to a hospital in a big city, and they said there's a good chance this guy's not going to survive the night. It was just that serious. I told my wife that, so a blow to the head could be deadly. This is the second time that happened. Fortunately, this time it wasn't that serious, but still, the possibility I could have died that night. This could have been a homicide. It is possible that I would not have been here to talk to you about it.

But the end of the story, the police came out, arrested her. Police have these little tricks to get people to confess things. I don't know what they said to her, but I'm guessing they asked her what she did with my hat, and she told them she threw it away. When she told them that, she unwittingly admitted to stealing the hat, so they arrested her. Plus, they had the video. The video that I had from the body cam, I left it on. I turned it on when I left my house, and then it occurred to me that it was still on when I got to the hospital. So, I recorded everything; it's about an hour long. So, I had it all documented on video. When we got to the hospital, then it occurred to me that the police needed to see this. They took a look at it, and when they saw what you saw, that's when they really got upset. They went out looking for her, couldn't find her because apparently it was obvious where she lived. I got her address, her license number, so they went to her house. Mom said, according to the police, something to the effect that she slept through it, she didn't know. They talked to the neighbors, and the consensus seems to be none of them were surprised because apparently this young woman has a reputation in the neighborhood for causing problems. But the important thing is, we got it recorded.
 

  Find archived black-on-white homicide news reports here ►

200 latest news reports from 100 top conservative websites

0 comments: